-->

ad.

footsteps.

Monday 25 December 2023

2023

Just a blink of an eye, 2024 is next week and I am taking it as if it’s still 2020 (that two years that covid owe us). 2023 is coming to an end. So much has happened, so many milestones and goals that I achieved this year (maybe because my mentality is that I need to do this before I turn 30 every single year) but this time - I really push myself to do it hahahaha


So the highlights that happened (I have a lot but am gonna narrow it down): 


  • Bidding goodbye to the company that I was in for 3 years+ in KL. I am super blessed and thankful to have met nice people in the company (especially when I don’t find myself approachable at times but OATS fam has never given up on me), colleagues and manager whom I still keep contact are no longer holding that title but upgraded to friends. 
  • Did staycations with my ex-colleagues and friends too!
  • Moved out of my 7 years condominium that I called home. Made the cosiest room ever, being the main tenant for the past 6 years - it hasn’t been easy but am glad to have met nice housemates too (and some bad apples too but hey, without bad apples, life won’t be that interesting amirite πŸ˜…)
  • Blessed with a nice landlord that understood me and he had been the sweetest landlord for the past 6 years (of course I am sending him something for Christmas!) 
  • Two months of being jobless - did some freelance work to sustain myself of course and had the best tai tai life with my friend, Charmaine because we both were jobless hahahhaha. Thanks to Charmaine, I am able to have a gym buddy with free access (lol) and attending most of the classes (if this was school, I believe teachers would’ve graded us an A*+ for attendance)
  • I cook a lot lately!! It helps because I am being kind to my bank account + my health too πŸ˜‚
  • During that two months of “sabbatical leave”, I manage to visit a country that I’ve never been to - Bali! So blessed to be able to climb up Mount Batur with a very nice weather! After Mount Batur, went on a full activity after that such as Water Rafting! In short, I was basically awake for 24 hours in that trip. 
  • Had covid for the second time 
  • Paid off my study loan and I am finally debt free from PTPTN (painful for my bank cause I actually paid off everything while I was unemployed) 
  • Went back to Penang for Chinese New Year
  • Celebrated Chinese New Year Eve. This time it’s no longer celebrating alone
  • Had my first birthday celebration in a fancy restaurant that I am too cool for (lol) and this time, I get to celebrate it with my ex bf on the actual day
  • Simple Plan concert - off my bucket list. It’s such a privilege to be able to catch them perform live! I got their official merchandise too!
  • YOLO and went to Penang on an one night trip to settle the end year occasion - super rushed but girl's gotta do it (hint: final achievement)
  • Perm my hair (again)
  • While training for Mount Kinabalu, met new friends and climbed Bukit Berekah (after Ipoh)
  • Came back to Sabah after 11 years (went there for National Service) but this time - to conquer Mount Kinabalu with my friend, Charmaine (funny story - while we were otw to Penang for a short vacation, Charmaine asked me if I am interested to hike Mount Kinabalu, without a doubt I was like onz let’s go together) and it happened. 
  • Sabah was super fun! It was the best trip I’ve ever had this year. 1 week in Sabah and felt like a milestone conquering Mount Kinabalu. It has always been my milestone. So glad I get to do it with great company. 
  • Successfully moved to a new country too, and got a job offer when I was conquering Mount Kinabalu (fun fact). Thankful for the super smooth transition - from all the documentations and the moving out. 
  • Reconnected with my primary school friend this year!! 
  • Bid my KL friends whom I called family bye bye (got too emotional cause I know that I can’t catch up with them whenever I want to) 
  • Went to Halloween Nights for the first time with my friends!! (fun fact: did Universal Studios both day time and night time altogether) 11/10 would do it again
  • Almost lost my pouch and made the taxi driver u-turn back to find my pouch somewhere in the hotel (not the room, lobby/bathroom area) and thank goodness I finally to found it somewhere. 
  • Blessed with nice and fun colleagues in my current company. They make work more bearable. Having nice colleagues makes a difference tbh.
  • Attended my third One Ok Rock concert with the same company. Still the band that gives me PCD
  • Executed 5 campaigns (2 major campaigns to be exact!) for the past 5 months (with 0 experience in this industry) and I am still alive
  • Donated and did something good this year too! Tho it is not big but doing something small by contributing something to the society/community helps too!
  • Saving the best for the last- married my ex bf that is now my husband, and had a wedding before 2023 ends!! Planned my own bohemian-style wedding too (the planning is not consistent, felt like I planned less than a month)


Words can’t express how lucky I am to be surrounded by the people that loves me! I have so much to be honest but am listing down what I remember so far. 


Thank you, 2023! Stay tune next year December, to see my recap of next year. May 2024 be a blessing for all of us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment