-->

ad.

footsteps.

Monday 12 December 2022

2022

Broke a streak because I missed out 2021, so let me restart this blog again (and yes, it is active every December. If you are lucky - you will see this blog is updated in one of those random months.. chances are pretty slim but who knows)

I've been looking at this blank white box for quite some time because honestly, I do not know how and where should I start.. 

Maybe I should list down what I did in 2022 as a recap for me to look back of how did the past 12 months went:

1. Reconnect with old friends (acquaintances and friends that I knew for quite some time - became friends)

2. I cosplayed!! Cosplayed as Nezuko in a small festival with friends, and Kaneki Ken in a big festival in Singapore (solo cosplay). Proud that I finally achieve this dream of mine! (all the planning was super last min too)

3. Travelled after 2 years of no traveling due to Covid-19 restrictions. The highlight of the trip: got my Australia visa approved too (because there were cases when people have to wait for more than 6 weeks to get their visa approved and it is like a gamble.. it is either your application gets approved or rejected as they outsource it in different countries to go through the applications). Basically - Australia trip went well and got upgraded too! ๐Ÿ˜‚ Possibly one of the best highlights ever. 

4. Survived the media-agency life (feels like an agency life) but I am really surprised by the perseverance that I have. 

5. Been hiking a lot (do you know that hiking helps with your mental health? HAHAHAH) and nope, I am not doing it for the sake of my mental health but I just want to get back the stamina again + been stressing a lot so hiking helps. 

6. Tried tufting for the first time! Made Kero-Chan from Cardcaptor Sakura #ogvibe

7. Got a new tattoo this year

8. Perm my hair for the first time. Finally chopped off my long hair (of 2 years+) and perm my hair too on February 13th cause self-care. 

9. Upgraded my room (from small room to a bigger room) because I am ready to have a bigger space! My humble crib that I called home this year. 

10. Went to Penang 2x times this year and it was with friendsssss! Went to Penang Hill (obviously went for the overpriced Habitat for the experience) and of course, both trips are meaningful cause everything was super spontaneous (from asking wanna go penang? let's book a bus ticket/onz let's go to being able to go with the right company). 

11. Went to Cherating and experienced Club-Med for the first time too! I actually climbed an actual rock. A lot of bruises but super worth it. Did sailing too. Super fun experience!

12. Learnt how to make my fav food (cause I can no longer rely on DTF) - I learnt how to make dumplings and Korean pancakes! Been cooking a lot and trying to eat home-cooked meals. (Fun while it lasted cause I stopped cooking at November cause I gave up ๐Ÿ’€)

13. Been trying to save up money (haven't been able to reach my saving goal just yet cause it has been an up-and-down-phase) but I am very proud of being able to spend adult money on the things that I like, the food that I like, and being able to pay my bills and commitments (and of course, to buy nice presents and gifts for the people that I love and appreciate!)

14. Grateful to be alive - so that I can pat every cats and dogs that I see on the streets everyday.

15. Recently trying to reconnect with the things that I enjoyed doing - playing the guitar and switch (old friend, how have you been?) and going on long walks and cherishing my me-time moments (by taking long walks, going somewhere alone, eating out alone)

16. My loved ones are still healthy and alive -  being able to celebrate every happy milestone together, going through the good and bad times together. Every moment matters to me. 

17. I learn how to ride a scooter. Up to date, it is one of my frequent commutes too! 

18. Been taking care of myself better: eg: going for facial (lol but am thinking of canceling it tbh cause I can't stand the pain hahaha)

19. Recovered from Covid-19 pretty fast too (I recovered at Day 3, thanks to Chinese medicine that my sister sent over - it feels like Jesus turn water into wine). 

20. I am dedicating my final space: 2022 has been incredibly insane! Grateful for the trials and the blessings. (probably got more but let's cap it to 20)

Don't want to make it sound so clichรฉ but 2023, I am not ready for you because I still haven't processed 2019 yet ๐Ÿ˜…

No comments:

Post a Comment