-->

ad.

footsteps.

Monday 23 December 2019

Omulab and Waka Waka, in the Heart of Petaling Jaya.



Omulab with my high school friend. We actually planned this since 1 1/2 year ago (like to go there and eat). One fine day, the day has come.

I didn’t really take much pictures but this is what I have. 

My friend ordered the squid ink omurice and I had the herbal rice omurice. 

This is our starter:- 



Egg pudding - RM5

My friend told me she did some research online and told me that this is a must order and so, we ordered one to share. 

Friend also mentioned that one is never enough. Must at least ordered 3 and I have to say that this is actually quite nice. 10/10 would recommend if you like pudding. I like the texture and the caramel taste. Very soft. 



This is my omurice! RM18. It comes with Curry sauce cause well, I was craving for Japanese curry (thanks to Pokemon) and I finally got my Japanese curry. 

Learnt my lesson. Just order one and share. Big portion. Worth the price. 

Taste wise? I would say the fried rice taste like Chinese fried rice (not sure is it cause it is to cater the Malaysian style?) 

I like the egg cause it is half cooked omelette. 




Croquettes. Rm8.50 for 3 big pieces. 

The first batch that came to us was quite sour. At first, I thought it was how it is supposed to taste until I asked my friend if she finds it sour too. 

And I wasn’t the only one. And we decided to ask the waiter.

Waiter explained to us that they added some vinegar in the croquettes. They decided to take the croquettes to the kitchen and came out after a few mins and told us that they will cook a new batch for us. 

The second batch was not sour anymore. They didn’t charge us for the croquettes. 

Omulab contacted my friend after writing an honest review on her IG because she would occasionally post food on her IG based on her thoughts, recommendations. 

Omulab has got a good customer service. They sent me a personal message on Instagram and apologized for the sour croquettes. 

Okay, I’ll come back again just cause they humanize people more than just “earning profits” 

Anyway, after dinner, my friend brought me to this new ice cream place that opened nearby her home. 



RM2 for one scoop cause I went on their third day of opening (promotional price hehe) . I got the chocolate brownie. Quite big. I am happy. 







My friend ordered the Caramel flavor. She likes it too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment