-->

ad.

footsteps.

Wednesday 2 December 2020

2020

 I can’t believe that this blog is 8 years old (well, I’ve deleted my high school blogposts previously cause I cringed so hard reading back at my old blogposts. Realizing the fact that I didn’t delete that one 2012 post (which was just one post) - maybe cause I forgotten about it. Ishhhhh. I cringe so hard when I read back my post but... wow I didn’t know that I was an emotional person back then (maybe up to now I still am) :p . Mind you, this account has been around since 2008 (just that I deleted all my previous post - fast forward to collegeeee hahaha) and active once in a blue moon. 

But hey, this website has always been my personal diary. It was once a private blog that I personally write to express myself better. This blog has always been a loyal friend to me since day 1. I am glad that I didn’t delete the remaining posts that I wrote in the past, to remind myself - how much I grow as a person. I’d like to remind myself that:- 

1. Don’t be ashamed of what I’ve become and what I’ve did in the past. All these blogposts are meant for keepsake purposes! As I looked back, there were a split between inspirational posts, curiosity before enrolling to college, reflecting back on that particular year and how to be better, and not to forget - good ol’ memories about whatever happened (half of it I am not too sure if I was being too emotional or being too deep? Well, I guess I am rather a deep person that dives into it) :p 

2. Technically after 8 years, the current person that I am now defines who I am. There were hiccups between 2015 - 2017 ; 2018 - 2019 because well, a lot of things happened in life and I didn’t really record that down.. but I guess I did summarized that in my 2017 post (a post that was not published and was hidden somewhere under the “drafts” and after 2 years, I decided to post that up (which was last year, 2019). 

2019 - did a recap of that year (for 2018 and 2019). 

3. Last but not least, I am back again. I think I will forever say that I am back every December because.. I notice I blog at this time of the month! So yeah... 

Now it is time for me to highlight 2020. 

2020 - is indeed about a year of manifesting, and a year to be thankful for. I know I’ll definitely read this blog in the next 5 years or so but I am gonna list down the highlights/and what happened this year:- 

What happened this year? 

- The pandemic happened (Covid-19); the first MCO (movement control order) took place in March 2020. Had to work from home, wearing a mask is a new norm, social distancing is a new norm. Traveling is ban because of the pandemic. Malaysia was at a recovery stage before (if I am not wrong - around July/August was RMCO?) and it went backwards after 2-3 months of it-was-fun-while-it-lasted : Back to CMCO (Conditional Movement Control Order) and cases are increasing day by day (2-3Xmore than the first phase) 

So yeah, that basically happened this year. 

My highlights this year:- 

- I am blessed because I am still keeping my job. I am blessed to work in an agency (#survivinginagencylife) that I used to put banner ads in my blog (the era when I was in high school until college) and used to write reviews on food, travel, photography for the fun of it hahahah (good ol’ blogging days). It’s been a year. Got my hands dirty with valuable experiences, and definitely did something that I never thought I would do (I have anxieties btw) but managed to pull through. So grateful for the opportunity and hope to see myself grow even more, to be better - not in terms of career but as a person too! 

- First Class Honours in the UK cert! So happy and thankful. Just received the certificate after a year of graduating from University (completed my degree too!) I am dedicated this post to my late father that always wanted me to do degree and I finally did it. This is for you, Dad. 

- Growing up, it is normal to feel that you want to keep people that knows you long as your friends for life. I learnt to settled down for quality > quantity (actually I learnt that long ago LOL, just that I would like to remind myself that quality friends > quantity. I learnt to accept the fact that not everyone that crossed path with would stay. There’s always a reason why some things just don’t work (that goes for all kinds of relationships). I am very thankful and grateful for the people that shape me to be who I am today (include those that are no longer in contact with me) - without them, I wouldn’t have learnt about life. Life is very complex, and I know that this is just 25% out of it. 

- I would like to give a pat in my back for being very independent. (I know I have been too hard on myself for the past few years but I can’t help to feel very blessed to go through the worst days of my life - that made me who I am today). Have been staying out alone for quite some time and I find joy enjoying meals by myself, doing things by myself, and even sitting down in my room, by myself. To be able to afford to take care of myself makes me feel that I am capable and strong. I am happy to be able to pay my bills and commitments too (especially this year - the pandemic happened but I am still able to pay my bills and commitments). God is good.. all the time! 

- Last but not least, I am blessed to have slothy to keep me accompany and being able to be greeted by colourful bunny everyday too. These are my fav soft toys btw (I am still a child at heart) ^__^ despite the harsh, ugly world, there’s definitely something colourful in the flipside of life. Surround yourself with those that love you. It makes your heart grow fonder and you know that you’re not alone in this! 

- I get to cook more often too! Home cooked food all the way. I lost weight too! Hehheheh. I gotta thank those people that called me fat??? (have they not seen me back in high school/college when I was struggling to gain weight?) So yeah, I took their words as an encouragement to be better. XD I kinda put on weight when I was in University (55kg is my heaviest) and now I am back to 50-51kg hahaha. Most importantly, healthy. 

- Achieve this year’s personal goal too and many more to go! :) 

Here you go, my current updates :D all in all, if you actually read until the end, thank you for reading my long post. 2020 has been both a challenging year, and also a year of blessings. A year of reflecting yourself - your goals, your emotions, your personal development. There are a lot of changes (in the new norm) and also so many things has actually happened too, but I am thankful for the little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment